5 Days Asian Bridal Hair and Makeup Course
5 days (3 days make up and 2 days hair)
This intermediate course is carefully designed for students who wish to specialize in professional Asian bridal hair and makeup, or a hair/makeup artist who wishes to broaden their skills base or a refresher course for students who want to update their portfolio with the latest trends. Students must have experience or have done a beginners course prior to commencement. The course is taught in small groups by leading makeup artists. Numerous lessons are spread over 5 days. All makeup and materials are provided along with a course workbook full of useful resources to take home.
- Hair Health and safety
- Product selection
- Hair product and equipment selection – Learn how to select the perfect products and equipment for the style you are creating.
- Tools and building a professional kit
- Hair parting and sectioning
- Different pin usage and techniques
- Elements of hair styles including – barrel curls, curls, loops, plaiting, braids, knots, spikes, beehives.
- Application of the dupatta/chunni
- Jewelry setting
- Specialist hairstyles for occasions – such as registry, engagement and bridal
- Setting the hair – The secrets to long-lasting hold
- Tools and hygiene
- Advice and professional make-up kit
- Consultation forms and trials
- Theory, demonstration and practical examples of traditional and contemporary
- Asian bridal makeup looks – registry looks, engagement, and bridal looks such as traditional red and gold
- Basic make-up routine
- Application of decoration – including jewelry and peer setting
- Tricks of the trade
- Skin analysis
- Makeup application – foundation, concealer, corrector, contouring, highlighting, blusher, blending, powdering
- Eye shadow techniques – such as blending and smokey eyes
- Eyeliners – gel, pencil and cake
- Makeup tips – for the mother of the bride and bridesmaids
Teaching method includes both theoretical and practical with live models provided for portfolio. Students are welcome to use their cameras at any time during the entire session for portfolio purposes. However, use of images for commercial purpose are subject to approval and terms.
On successful completion of the course, students will be equipped with the required knowledge on the topic and boosted with confidence as a professionally trained artist with industry approved certification. This will allow students to begin working freelance on private clients using our credentials or pursue work on makeup counters. After completing the course, student will be able to work professionally on bridal clients including the bridal party, and engagements and special occasion events.